This year celebrate your Mom and show her how much she means to you by getting her a gift that promotes her health and wellbeing. With a wide selection of healthy lifestyle products in our Giraffe Gift Store, you are sure to find something perfect for your Mom!
Enter Promo Code: Moms and receive 20% off your online order at www.thelaughinggiraffe.com
At Laughing Giraffe Organics we have a love for our planet and believe in sustainability! Everyday we do our part to help feed the world without damaging the environment or threatening human health. All of our products are made from clean and sustainable ingredients. Our products are Certified Organic, Vegan and Non-GMO.
We also donate 1% of all online purchases are to the Gentle Barn! Your purchases will help rescued animals have a place of healing and security. In addition, your purchases will provide special needs and at-risk children with the opportunity to heal and gain compassion by working with the animals. Laughing Giraffe has chosen this organization to donate to not only because of it what it does for animals and children but for its beliefs about how a planet based diet helps our environment, promotes health and teaches compassion.
In Honor of Earth Day and this beautiful planet, Laughing Giraffe Organics is offering 20% off all online purchases.
Enter Promo Code: EarthLove
Offer Expires 4/23/15
When Wild Mint contacted us about using our Curry Cashew Snakarola in a recipe we were excited to work with a company that has a similar mission to ours. Wild Mint is is family run business (like ours) that’s strives to provide products and information that help consumers build a healthier lifestyle while supporting the environment. Check out her recipe and this great way to use our Curry Cashew Snakarola!
Hannah Helsabeck, Wild Mint President recently blogged and shared this with her followers:
“Not to be too “punny” (well maybe…), but I’m pretty nuts about nuts, so I’m always looking for ways to incorporate them into more recipes! I wanted to whip up something sweet and savory the other night and made my Thai Curry Fried Rice, which I decided to kick it up a notch with some pineapple and one of my new favorite types of nut mixes—the Curry Cashew Snakarola by Laughing Giraffe. I love this brand because their mixes not only taste great (just wait till you try the curry cashews!) but they are also organic, nutrient dense and minimally processed! I wanted to bring out the curry and other yummy spices, so I paired the rice with soy and maple-glazed pork chops for a healthy, hearty dinner.”
THAI CURRY FRIED RICE with PINEAPPLE and CASHEWS
Serving Size: 2-3
Use organic and local ingredients where possible.
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cashews (I used 1/3 cup Laughing Giraffe Organics Curry Cashew Snakarola…if not using this brand, add more curry and a little cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled (make this in advance!)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, juice from 1/2 lime, coconut sugar, and curry powder. Set aside.
- Heat a large, PFOA free skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp coconut oil once the pan is hot. Pour in beaten egg. Lower heat right away to a low temperature. Stir eggs until scrambled. Transfer eggs to a medium size bowl and set aside. Clean pan if needed.
- Increase the skillets temperature to a low/medium heat. Add 1 Tbs of coconut oil. Add the pineapple and red onion. Cook and stir constantly until the pineapple liquid is pretty much gone and the pineapple has started to caramelize a little (3 to 5 minutes). Add the green onions and garlic. Cook and stir constantly for about 15-20 seconds or so, until you can smell the garlic. Transfer these ingredients to the bowl of scrambled eggs.
- Add the rest of the coconut oil the pan. Add the cashews and raisins and stir constantly until fragrant (30 seconds or so). Add the rice to the pan and stir to combine with nuts. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the rice is warm.
- Add the ingredients from the bowl of eggs and goodies to the pan of rice and nuts. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add soy sauce mixture. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Top with fresh cilantro.
Laughing Giraffe is excited to be attending The Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo in Atlanta, GA on April 18th, 2015. This Expo is dedicated to meeting the needs of the celiac community, those with gluten and food sensitivities, auto-immune/inflammatory diseases, and autism. This event supports the community by providing vendor expositions, educational sessions, and online resources. We will be featuring our 3 best selling coconut Snakaroons; Chocolate, Vanilla, and Lemon. Attendees can come by our booth to sample and purchase these delicious Gluten Free and Allergan Friendly treats.
For more information visit GFAF EXPO.
Laughing Giraffe Organics, Cherry Ginger Snakarola is featured in this month’s Cuisine Cube.
Our delicious Cherry Ginger Snakarola is a perfect fit for this monthly subscription box that includes gluten-free and artisanal foods that are produced by small businesses. With clusters of Walnuts, Pecans and Dried Cherries that have been perfectly seasoned with Ginger, Vanilla and Himalayan Pink Salt, Cuisine Cube customers are in for a treat!
See more at www.cuisinecube.com or www.thelaughinggiraffe.com