Laughing Giraffe is a new exhibitor at The Fit Expo. We are excited to immerse ourselves in everything fitness for two days! We’re looking forward to meeting the health conscious, fitness-focused athletes, fitness instructors, and celebrities who will be in attendance who all have the same goal: health!
We’re also excited to have the opportunity to provide attendees with a chance to sample our healthy, certified organic snack options that are gluten-free, raw, and vegan. We know our Paleo-Friendly Snakarolas are going to be hit a with the CrossFit community! Eat well, be well, and live better.
For more information visit The Fit Expo
LAUGHING GIRAFFE ORGANICS will be attending the UNFI Tabletop Show in Portland, Oregon. The event is being held at the Oregon Convention Center on June 3rd and 4th.
“UNFI is the leading independent national distributor of natural, organic and specialty foods and related products including nutritional supplements, personal care items and organic produce.” LAUGHING GIRAFFE ORGANICS loves attending their Tabletop Shows because they are a great opportunity to be in direct contact with our valued retailers and customers. Customers also have the opportunity to sample our products which is always a plus because we pride ourselves on the great taste of our organic treats! At this show we will be offering samples of our newest flavor, COFFEE BEAN SNAKAROONS. These new SNAKAROONS have coffee infused coconut and the crunch of chocolate covered coffee beans. See you soon, Portland!
After trying our delicious Goji Maca Snakaroons, it is not uncommon for us to have consumers ask us about Maca. Maca is an ancient root that has many health benefits. This Peruvian root belongs to the radish family and is grown in the high plateaus of the Andes mountains. It has been used for over 3000 years and has been coined the “Peruvian ginseng.”
Here are some of the reported health benefits of Maca:
- Vitamins: The root provides high levels of vitamins B , C, and E. It is rich in calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids.
- Sexual function: Maca is widely used to increase sexual functioning for men and women. It increases your libido and promotes endurance. It helps women’s sexual health by balancing hormones and increases fertility .
- Women’s health and mood: Maca supports the relief of menstrual issues and menopause. It reduces cramps, body pain, hot flashes, anxiety, mood swings, and depression. But warning: If you are pregnant or lactating you should avoid Maca.
- Energy: Maca increases energy. Within days of using Maca your energy level may increase. It is also known for increasing stamina. Many athletes take Maca for to enhance their performance. If you find yourself tired most of the time, experiment with Maca to see if it helps. Just a small amount could be exactly what you need for a boost!
- General health: Maca helps your overall health in a number of ways. It supplies iron and helps restore red blood cells. Maca keeps your bones and teeth healthy and allows you to heal from wounds more quickly. When combined with a good exercise regime you will notice an increase in muscle mass.
- Skin: Maca is good for their skin. Many people report that it can clearing acne and blemishes and decrease skin sensitivity.
- Mood balance: Maca is reported to reduce symptoms associated with mental health conditions such as anxiety, stress, depression or mood swings. Some have reported an increase in mental energy and focus.
Not only do Laughing Giraffe Organics Goji Maca Snakaroons taste amazing but they are truly good for you! Yum!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This year celebrate your Mom and show her how much she means to you by getting her a gift that promotes her health and wellbeing. With a wide selection of healthy lifestyle products in our Giraffe Gift Store, you are sure to find something perfect for your Mom!
Enter Promo Code: Moms and receive 20% off your online order at www.thelaughinggiraffe.com
At Laughing Giraffe Organics we have a love for our planet and believe in sustainability! Everyday we do our part to help feed the world without damaging the environment or threatening human health. All of our products are made from clean and sustainable ingredients. Our products are Certified Organic, Vegan and Non-GMO.
We also donate 1% of all online purchases are to the Gentle Barn! Your purchases will help rescued animals have a place of healing and security. In addition, your purchases will provide special needs and at-risk children with the opportunity to heal and gain compassion by working with the animals. Laughing Giraffe has chosen this organization to donate to not only because of it what it does for animals and children but for its beliefs about how a planet based diet helps our environment, promotes health and teaches compassion.
In Honor of Earth Day and this beautiful planet, Laughing Giraffe Organics is offering 20% off all online purchases.
Enter Promo Code: EarthLove
Offer Expires 4/23/15
When Wild Mint contacted us about using our Curry Cashew Snakarola in a recipe we were excited to work with a company that has a similar mission to ours. Wild Mint is is family run business (like ours) that’s strives to provide products and information that help consumers build a healthier lifestyle while supporting the environment. Check out her recipe and this great way to use our Curry Cashew Snakarola!
Hannah Helsabeck, Wild Mint President recently blogged and shared this with her followers:
“Not to be too “punny” (well maybe…), but I’m pretty nuts about nuts, so I’m always looking for ways to incorporate them into more recipes! I wanted to whip up something sweet and savory the other night and made my Thai Curry Fried Rice, which I decided to kick it up a notch with some pineapple and one of my new favorite types of nut mixes—the Curry Cashew Snakarola by Laughing Giraffe. I love this brand because their mixes not only taste great (just wait till you try the curry cashews!) but they are also organic, nutrient dense and minimally processed! I wanted to bring out the curry and other yummy spices, so I paired the rice with soy and maple-glazed pork chops for a healthy, hearty dinner.”
THAI CURRY FRIED RICE with PINEAPPLE and CASHEWS
Serving Size: 2-3
Use organic and local ingredients where possible.
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 of a lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cashews (I used 1/3 cup Laughing Giraffe Organics Curry Cashew Snakarola…if not using this brand, add more curry and a little cayenne)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled (make this in advance!)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sesame oil, juice from 1/2 lime, coconut sugar, and curry powder. Set aside.
- Heat a large, PFOA free skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp coconut oil once the pan is hot. Pour in beaten egg. Lower heat right away to a low temperature. Stir eggs until scrambled. Transfer eggs to a medium size bowl and set aside. Clean pan if needed.
- Increase the skillets temperature to a low/medium heat. Add 1 Tbs of coconut oil. Add the pineapple and red onion. Cook and stir constantly until the pineapple liquid is pretty much gone and the pineapple has started to caramelize a little (3 to 5 minutes). Add the green onions and garlic. Cook and stir constantly for about 15-20 seconds or so, until you can smell the garlic. Transfer these ingredients to the bowl of scrambled eggs.
- Add the rest of the coconut oil the pan. Add the cashews and raisins and stir constantly until fragrant (30 seconds or so). Add the rice to the pan and stir to combine with nuts. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the rice is warm.
- Add the ingredients from the bowl of eggs and goodies to the pan of rice and nuts. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add soy sauce mixture. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Top with fresh cilantro.